Thursday, September 13, 2012

Wedding Favors: Books!

I am a huge supporter of books. Not books that you download on your Ipad, but actual books printed on paper and has binding. I don't mind lugging books on vacation with me even if it sacrifices luggage weight. I rarely buy new books because it find it wasteful and opt to buy second hand or get books from the library. Yup, I have a Calgary Public Library card. Recently I scolded one of my girlfriends for sharing a library card with her family members. I told her that if we don't support the library (at $12/year!), soon it will no longer be there. Her reaction: "Good grief. I will get one tomorrow."

Previously, I wrote a blog post about a book themed wedding. To take this theme further I thought, why not give out books as a wedding favor too? You can give out the same book to all of your guests (especially if you are the author!) Or, you can give out books that represents you as a couple. Or, just really great books. If it is a great book, I don't mind getting a second copy even if I already have one.

Yes, it is true that books can get expensive. However, there are several options: 1) Online sites; 2) Second hand bookstores such as Fair's Fair; 3) Calgary Herald's Annual Book Sale; 4) Thrift stores; 5) Garage sales! I have purchased books for as little as 50 cents before. (Can you imagine how many books I went home with that day?!)

Here are some inspirational pictures on how you can give out books as a wedding favor!
~Monica

book favors

book favors

book favors

book wedding favors

book favors

book favors

Photo Credits: 1) Tumblr; 2), 3) Wedding Wire; 4) Project Wedding: 5), 6) Amorology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...